Dear friends, welcome to "THE 2018 ASIA-PACIFIC REGIONAL TAX CONFERENCE website"(hereinafter called the Website). In order to ensure your privacy, the
Fiscal Association Chinese Taipei Branch (hereinafter called the IFA Chinese Taipei) has established a privacy statement for our Website. The following will
the policies and principles of IFA Chinese Taipei concerning the collection, processing, use, and protection of personal information provided by visitors to the
Website. Please read it carefully.
1. Scope of Use
The following privacy statements apply when you are browsing the website of IFA Chinese Taipei (any page with the domain name ifataipei.tw). The statements
the collection, processing, use, and protection of personal information. However, said statements shall not apply to any activity you might initiate by virtue
passing to a different website as the result of a search on an IFA Chinese Taipei web page. The protection of your personal information while browsing other web
pages for personal use (such as online paying process) will depend on the individual privacy policies of the sites involved.
2. Collection of Personal Information
(1) You can browse the Website or download files without providing any personal information about yourself.
(2) When you apply for online registration, IFA Chinese Taipei will ask for information such as your name, passport number, photo, phone number, email address,
mailing address, etc. IFA Chinese Taipei will collect your personal information for different purposes. Please carefully read the notice statements related to
purpose of collection, classification of personal information, period, location, target, and method of use.
(3) The Web server will automatically collect some device-specific and non-personally identifiable information, such as Internet protocol (IP) address,
information, and page-viewed information.
(4) The Website will not modify or delete your personal information or files except under the following circumstances:
a. Protect and guard the rights or ownership of others.
b. Protect the rights of the Website-related parties.
3. Choice of Personal Information
(1) When you apply for on-line registration, provision of your personal information is required. IFA Chinese Taipei will first ask for your consent to use your
personal information when the purpose of usage is changed.
(2) IFA Chinese Taipei will use your personal information only in accordance with IFA Chinese Taipei’s privacy statements or with your explicit consent. If the
usage of your personal information does not comply with the privacy statement, IFA Chinese Taipei will provide means for you to reject IFA Chinese Taipei’s
(3) You can always choose not to provide information, even though IFA Chinese Taipei may not provide certain services under this circumstance.
4. Uses of Personal Information
This Website will not provide any personal information to other companies, organizations, or individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
(1) To meet legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
(2) To prevent, detect, or investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities by official authorities or government organizations.
(3) To have your consent before providing any personal information.
(4) Legal requirement: to meet any applicable laws and regulations, IFA Chinese Taipei will provide necessary and suitable information to legal authorities;
information might contain your personal information.
(5) Internal analysis and research: If IFA Chinese Taipei needs to use your personal information for internal analysis or research purposes, IFA Chinese Taipei
modify the personal information into non-personally identifiable information for internal analysis and research.
(6) Outsourcing business: to provide personal information to IFA Chinese Taipei or other trusted businesses or people to process and use for IFA Chinese Taipei,
based on IFA Chinese Taipei instructions and in compliance with its privacy statement and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
(7) Organizational restructuring: If IFA Chinese Taipei is involved in a restructuring, IFA Chinese Taipei will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any
personal information and notify affected users in proper ways before personal information is transferred or becomes subject to a different privacy
5. Information Sharing
Except as stated in this statement, IFA Chinese Taipei will not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or organizations.
IFA Chinese Taipei may employ a third party to provide services on its behalf. You will receive notice on the Website when information about you might be shared
6. Access and Correction
Whenever you use IFA Chinese Taipei’s services, IFA Chinese Taipei will provide you with access to review your personal information and correct inaccurate
information, or, upon your request, provide a copy of your information or delete any information that is not legally required to be retained. Prior to
accordance with your request, IFA Chinese Taipei may ask you to verify your identity and specify the information that is to be inquired, reviewed, corrected,
duplication, or deleted. IFA Chinese Taipei may charge necessary fees in accordance with law. Where IFA Chinese Taipei can provide information access, review,
correction, IFA Chinese Taipei will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. IFA Chinese Taipei aims to maintain IFA Chinese
Taipei’s services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. If you need to access, update, or delete your personal
information, please refer to IFA Chinese Taipei’s notice for online registration.
7. Information Accuracy
IFA Chinese Taipei uses the information it collects from online registration, to maintain, protect, and improve it, to create new information, and to protect
Chinese Taipei and its users. IFA Chinese Taipei does not use your information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this privacy statement or any
other service notice before asking for your consent. IFA Chinese Taipei will refer to the information collection, storage, and processing practices of other
government agencies to ensure IFA Chinese Taipei processes only relevant and adequate personal information. IFA Chinese Taipei takes steps to ensure that the
personal information IFA Chinese Taipei collects is accurate, integrated, and up-to-date, and IFA Chinese Taipei will provide you with the opportunity to
update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
8. Information Security
IFA Chinese Taipei, which keeps personal information files, works hard to adopt proper security measures to prevent them from being stolen, altered, damaged,
destroyed or disclosed. IFA Chinese Taipei reviews its information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard
against unauthorized access to systems.
IFA Chinese Taipei permits access to personal information for its employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to process it
IFA Chinese Taipei, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and personal information protection policies and may be disciplined or
terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
9. Tips to Protect Yourself
It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your personal information. If you are asked to sign in at a Website, be sure to sign
when finished using a computer. If you use a public or shared computer, do remember to close the browsing windows in order to prevent others from accessing your
personal information or mails.
10. Providing service messages via emails
After our website obtains your consent beforehand or when you register, you may receive service messages and emails from the Website. The messages and emails
specify that they are sent from the Website. If you do not want to receive any messages or other emails, IFA Chinese Taipei will provide you ways to reject the
messages and emails. When it’s necessary for the Website to send service messages and emails with the third-party that provides services and promotion, IFA
Taipei will provide you with a detailed description of the campaign before sending mails by the third-party. You can choose to accept this service or campaign
Cookies are small data files written from a browser into a user's hard drive by web server in order to identify user preferences. Cookies may uniquely identify
computer but do not personally identify you. You may also set your browser to block all cookies. However, it’s important to remember that many of IFA Chinese
Taipei’s services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
To provide better, more personalized services and make it more convenient for you to participate in personalized interactive activities, Cookies will be
when you register or sign in, and their status will be modified when you sign out.
12. Amendments on this Privacy Statement
Our Website stands behind our promises and makes sure our policies and practices are able to protect your internet privacy. This Website will irregularly review
privacy statements and post any changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, IFA Chinese Taipei will provide a more prominent notice (including,
certain services, email notification of privacy statement changes). The last updated date is marked on the top page, and IFA Chinese Taipei archives any
versions of the statement. You may check the Website frequently to see recent changes.
13. Questions and Complaints
If you have questions about this privacy statement, other privacy management issues, or how IFA Chinese Taipei uses your personal information, please email us
firstname.lastname@example.org that we may be able to provide you with additional assistance.